Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Final

My Final assessment piece is going to be on the Golden Compass, I have found this novel quite interesting although I had a tough time reading it and within such a short time, but once I got into it wasn't to bad, I managed to read the entire book over a two week period. i like the fact that the Golden Compass is toned down to a level of readability by a younger audience, but many of its themes and allusions are more than heavy enough for adults, I really enjoyed reading this book it had alot of adventure in it which i love reading about, and just different things that people do to get themselves into trouble and out of trouble, overcoming obstacles and helping others.
the author has started off this novel very slow throughout the first couple of chapters which in my opinion is hard to stay focused, because it just seems like they drag it on alittle bit long. definitely after the chapters it starts to pick up and it gets the story moving along quite nicely.In the this world there are many weird things that happen for example, Lyra is drawn into events beyond what she can understand at the outset because she is a critical figure in the events that will emerge.
I really like the character development, and I especially like how they included orphans and just people that you wouldn't normally think of or hear about in a book, it's nice to see alittle bit of difference in authors characters. I think it awesome that they have armored bears, they are very convincing creatures.
The one thing that i hate about the ending is that it resolves one issue but it then just gives you another it doesn't ever end anyways for all of you readers out there this novel may be long but it is a very interesting and good read if your looking and haven't read it, anyways good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment