Friday, November 27, 2009

The Paper Clip

The short story that I have read for this week is called paper clip and it’s by Arthur Colin, and it is in the genre of science fiction. This short story is a very interesting read due to the fact that it is about paper clips and little tubes that send them from peoples cubicles to this ladies cubicle so that she can do the most important job of sending the paper clips to a incinerator. If you ask me I don’t that that’s a very important job. This author doesn’t really have that much time to develop any character backgrounds, which really is too bad because I think that it would really help his story out a lot. I didn’t really see a lot of elements of science fiction in this story except for one the use of nanotechnology. I think its very confusing how Arthur Colin ended the story, it didn’t seem to make a lot of since to me the girl that does the paper clips gets fired from her job and then goes down the golden elevator with her new boss who shoves her out and she lands on her face. I don’t know what to think off the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment