Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Blood Child Oct 22

This week I read Blood Child by Octavia E. Butler, this is a short story from the category of diverse position of science fiction and this story I have to say was very weird and was a little bit hard for me to read I think mostly because it was very confusing and then that made it so I didn’t like it all that much. First it really revealed information slowly, and it steers you into the dark but then in the end she brings the whole story together. But I do think its interesting how the author set the story up. So in this story there are these creatures with 4 limbs and many meters long. They drink some type of eggs that make them live longer. But the mother of these creatures wouldn’t drink the eggs, I don’t think she drank them because she was at her wits end, she is tired of being used. This alien species are trying to use humans as a host for reproduction. This story is a bit displaced because the guy is having a baby. I felt bad for the mother’s sun because his fate has been decided for him, but in the end he is the real hero because he has saved his sister from having to go through this whole being pregnant thing and birthing process. So if you like wired and really gruesome stories this might be the one for you, go check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment