Wednesday, October 28, 2009

THE DROWNED GIANT J. G. Ballard

This Week im reading a short story called The Drowned Giant By: JG BAllard and first of all I must metion that this is in the Genre of Science Fiction. When I first started to read this story I had to reread the first couple of pages... for me it was a harder story to understand and I believe that it is this way because they are describing every little thing in great detail about the Giant and its Confusing . Also they are talking about how many people are there and when they are there and where they stood on the Giant. I don't think that the author really needed to explain all of that, he could have done it in a much shorter story or he could have even made the story longer with other important things.. I just think it unnecessary. Now for a brief description of the story.... So basically there is this giant that had drowned and he has been washed up on the shore everyone heard the news and went down to see this giant and it was huge I must add.. well this guy found out about it and was fascinated by it so he returned everyday and more and more people came to see, eventually it started to decay and less people came from then on. Some people took pieces of the Giant some went into a museum but eventually there was nothing left and the guy no longer went and seen the giant... that's basically wat the story is its alot longer than that and way more detail, but honestly I didn't really see the point to this story, its about a decaying body what more is there to tell. This story really wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment