Saturday, September 19, 2009

interview w/a Vampire

About two weeks ago I read Interview with a vampire, and surprisingly I really liked the book. It really wasn’t that confusing to read unlike a few of the other books that I have read for my lit Class. This book really caught my interest mainly because, I like the thought of vampires and there inner battles first being mortals and then turning into the dark side, I just really like the whole concept of that I guess.
So basically in the book this guy Louis suffers from the loss of his wife and child and couldn’t bare to live on which pretty much caught the attention of vampire lestat and unlike lestat, Louis had a choice to become a vampire or die and he chose to become a vampire. Which was really surprising to me mostly because he said he didn’t want to live anymore, but I suppose its because he wouldn’t feel anything anymore. But as I read on in the book it seemed to me that they really did have feelings or at least one exception Louis. And I say that because, Lestat shows no regard for mortal life while Louis does. During a conversation one night, Lestat tells Louis that they could survive on animals, although it is nowhere near the same experience that killing mortals gave them. But Louis insisted until he came across a town were the plague had killed most except for this little girl so Louis decided to take her life a relieve her of her pain, but instead of killing her he only got enough were she was suffering (losing lots of blood) so Lestat freed Claudia of her pain and let her drink from his blood and she turned into a vampire. Really what im getting at here is that Louis became so in love with this little girl, like it was his own daughter. There bond was so strong and no other vampires liked that because they are not supposed to feel for anyone. Which is why the vampires that Claudia and Louis met along the way decided to take Claudia and Madeline and put them in an outdoor cell where they instantly disintegrated and turned to dust at first light. Forcing Louis to break the bond he had. Which I thought that was very cruel just because they were jealous of what he had they wanted him to suffer. That really connects to the world today because nobody like’s if someone is better them so they want to down grade them however they possibly can. Well that’s it for this time; stay tuned for next week’s blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment